Aston Martin V8 Volante “Prince of Wales” Specification
- Marque : Aston Martin
- Model : V8 Volante “Prince of Wales” Specification
- Colour exterior : Dover White
- Colour interior : Dark blue leather with blue carpets
- First registration : 21 August 1990
- Current registration: Germany
- Odometer: 67.000 km
- Transmission: ZF 5-Speed manual gearbox
- Engine: 6.3 Liter Vantage specification
The Aston Martin V8 Volante is delivered new to her first owner in the US in the very rare color combination Dover White with dark blue leather interior and blue vinyl soft top. He did not register the car and sold the V8 Volante in 1990 to an Aston Martin lover in Belgium. He registered the Aston Martin in Europe and took the decision to upgrade the V8 Volante to a more powerful specification. The engineers from Newport Pagnell advised him to build the V8 volante to POW specification which he decided to do so late 1991. At the factory of Aston Martin in the UK:
- the body was changed with flared wheel arches and Vantage bonnet,
- the gearbox was changed to manual ZF 5 speed,
- the engine was converted to 6.3 Liter Vantage specification,
- fuel system and cooling system were changed to 6.3 Liter Vantage specification,
- and much more.
All the work done by Aston Martin in Newport Pagnell is specified in a full invoice document. The owner invested a lot of money to build the V8 Volante to “Prince of Wales” specification. After delivery he enjoyed the V8 Volante POW at his holiday house in Spain. In 1994 he decided to move the Aston Martin to his house in Palm Beach Florida (USA).
In 1996, the V8 Volante “Prince of Wales” got a German owner and he re-registered the car in Europe. From 1996 till 2006, the Aston Martin had 2 different (German) owners when in 2006, the current German owner took over the “Prince of Wales”.
All 3 owners cared about this special classic Aston and did all the necessary work to keep the car in excellent condition. From several years, there are invoices on file which show the extensive work done on the V8 Volante POW.
The current owner decided in 2007 for cosmetical changes of the V8 Volante while he wanted to keep the car in his collection:
- the bodywork is stripped to bare metal and then resprayed to original color,
- the plastic vinyl top is replaced by a much higher quality textile top,
- the leather interior is improved and the carpets are replaced.
The last extensive work is done in 2014 and until today, the V8 Volante POW is in almost immaculate condition. She is regularly used for AMOC meetings and tour rally’s and still has a TÜV approval.
There are only 27 V8 Volantes built to “Prince of Wales” specification of which 22 are RHD. This very rare LHD V8 Volante POW is just one of 5 !!
The Aston Martin V8 Volante POW specification is one of the most collectable Aston Martins of all !
Aston Martin Heritage Dealer Netherlands
An extensive collection of Aston Martin Heritage models can be found in our showroom. Rare heritage to be enjoyed now as well as in the future.
‘Built to be driven’
Aston Martin Heritage is looking after the legacy of generations of classic Aston Martins.
Unique Aston Martin and Jaguar parts
Noble House possesses tens of thousands of Aston Martin and Jaguar car parts.