Daimler Double Six Series 1 Short Wheel Base (only 1 of 11 built)!
- Marque: Daimler
- Model: Double Six Series 1 Short Wheel Base
- Colour exterior: Maroon
- Colour interior: Biscuit
- First registration: 21 February 1974
- Current registration: Austria
- Odometer: 80.208 km
- Transmission: Automatic
- Engine: 5.3 Litre
In the period July 1972- September 1973 only 534 Daimler Double Six Series 1 Short Wheel Base were build. 524 Daimlers were RHD, a mere 10 Daimler Double Six were made in LHD. This makes the Noble House Double Six with chassis number 8 one of the rarest Jaguar/ Daimlers in the world!
Chassis number 2A 50008 BW was built in May 1973 and dispatched to British Leyland Austria in Salzburg on 29 June 1973. The Daimler remained in stock for a while at British Leyland. It was registered on 21 February 1974, the first owner was the company E. Janko in Vienna. The registration number was W(ien) 802.
After three years of sparingly using the Daimler Double Six, E. Janko sold the Daimler on 7 February 1977 to its second owner. On 19 May 1980 the Daimler was bought by Otto Jacobs, also located in Vienna. The registration became W 356 994. Otto Jacobs hardly used the Daimler and cancelled the road registration on 23 November 1981.
The last owner in Austria bought the Double Six in 1988, with a 79.800 km on the odometer. After buying the Daimler, he only drove 300 km. It was then bought by Noble House at this very low mileage and stored. The current owner bought the Daimler in 2021 from Noble House and requested for a major recommissioning of the Daimler.
Noble House carried out necessary work to get the Daimler in a good, driving condition like:
- New cupro nickel brake pipe set made and fitted, new high pressure hoses, inspection of brake calipers and brake pads renewed.
- New fuel tanks, fuel sender elements in the tanks, new fuel lines, carburettors are partly restored, system flushed.
- A new radiator is fitted, also a new expansion tank was fitted, cooling hose set replaced, a new viscous coupling fitted and new cooling fluid added.
- A stainless steel exhaust system is fitted, including new mounting rubbers.
- New set of Vredestein tires.
- Shock absorbers front and rear are renewed, Koni shock absorbers are fitted
- Cylinder Head LH is overhauled, gaskets renewed.
- Underbody Wax Oil coating is applied.
- Major oil service incl. brake fluid and coolant.
- And many more technical items are added to the Daimler.
The Daimler was delivered with V12 engine number 7P 4679 BW. This engine is still fitted in the Daimler and she is therefore Matching Numbers.
Currently she runs and drives, but the engine must be tuned for better performance. The current owner invested over Euro 63.000,- in technical work in 2022!
The Daimler Double Six is highly original, except for a repaint. Somewhere in the Eighties the colour was changed from Sable to Maroon.
This Daimler Series I Double Six Short Wheel Base LHD is the only one for sale in the world. So do not miss this opportunity! Seen its rarity, the Daimler is an excellent investment.
Aston Martin Heritage Dealer Netherlands
An extensive collection of Aston Martin Heritage models can be found in our showroom. Rare heritage to be enjoyed now as well as in the future.
‘Built to be driven’
Aston Martin Heritage is looking after the legacy of generations of classic Aston Martins.
Unique Aston Martin and Jaguar parts
Noble House possesses tens of thousands of Aston Martin and Jaguar car parts.